Fitness and a well-shaped body have become more or less a fashion in the world today. Everyone has a fitness regime and a diet plan. There are indefinite types of diets to cater to the indefinite number of problems that the population faces with weight. Nutritionists digging up the best way to make sure your body gets everything that it needs. How to have healthy and tasty food has become an intense research area for nutritionists and researchers. We all usually know what is healthy for us, but they aren’t as appetizing as we would like them to be. For example, we know that vegetables and fruit are healthy for us but munching on them constantly every day will make us feel like we eat less and graze more. Sometimes is hard to find a way how to enjoy fresh vegetable and fruit again. If you are looking for an inspiring healthy breakfast for the Mediterranean diet read further.
What Is The Mediterranean diet?
Just briefly for those who don’t know it. Mediterranean diet as the name suggests was a diet followed by people from France, Greece, Spain, the Far East, and Italy that are present at the border of the Mediterranean Sea. The diet consists of different plant-based products. It has healthy fats (unsaturated), lots of vegetables, fruits, nuts, legumes, beans, cereal, fishes, grains while keeping the meat and dairy products on the lower side. You can check the full list of Mediterranean food along with food ideas.
Why Consider Shifting Into a Mediterranean Diet?
Dieting is usually a topic we procrastinate about (and not so proud of). You get determined to do it, then that one piece of cake takes all your attention, and you decide to start dieting in that never coming tomorrow. So, here are a few reasons why even take the effort to start a diet like this:
- Don’t worry dear, no counting calories in the Mediterranean diet. In a diet like this you just exchange the bad fats for good ones, swap the butter out for olive oil, and that gives you one less calculation to do as your everyday activity.
- No, wait for fresh food. Usually, dishes are simple to cook and you can eat fresh food without having to wait in lines in drive-throughs.
- Have whole grain or no grain. Try to have whole grain bread with some kind of good fat dip or something like almond butter.
- Choose your spices. There are so many options from spices, bay leaves, rosemary, etc. You can make your taste buds tingle with joy.
- You’ll be fine, cheers to the wine. You can enjoy a glass of red wine a day to keep that heart-healthy (consider it only if you don’t have problems with alcoholism).
- No hunger pangs. Usually, if you will eat in a substantial amount this is quite filling and keeps your cravings at bay.
- Wow, what’s your scale showing. You’ll lose weight – that is just the fact. The diets are filling and cut off your cravings for those unhealthy quick snacks and with a little push from exercise, you’ll be dropping the scale and jaws.
- Happy start for a happy heart. It’s a heart-healthy diet.
- Bad fats have to drain for a sharp and happy brain. It is a brain-friendly diet and you won’t think only on your food and stressing yourself out how many calories you can today eat.
Let’s Help You With Breakfast Ideas
You’ve finally gained that power and determination to put yourself on this healthy diet because of all the benefits it carries along with it. The next step would be actually cooking yourself meals to see the effects of this diet. As you know breakfast is the most important meal of the day – especially for Mediterranean countries. It decides the course of your day, your mood, and how well you will manage your everyday stress level. A bad breakfast can make you into an unhappy employee or an angry boss – that is what you really don’t want to be. So, a few of the breakfast Mediterranean diet ideas are given below to make your start a little easier.
- You’ve got a little time for breakfast and you’re in a hurry to fit in all the nutrients of breakfast for the Mediterranean diet. This is a perfect place putting your favorite berries in Greek yogurt and maybe little flaxseed. Big bites and rush to your workplace. If you want a little sweetness then add a little pure honey.
- If you’re a planner and you’ve marked the day you want to start off your diet then overnight oats is a good way to go for you. Soak your oats in some water or milk and have it with a little peanut butter and berries.
- The next Mediterranean diet breakfast is for vegan food lovers. Go for an all-vegan grilled cheese sandwich. Whole grain bread, vegan cheese, some fruits and you can serve it and call it the vegan overload.
- Not in a fancy mood? How about some whole grain bread with a little bit of butter and some banana slices to top it?
- Almond butter is a good way to start taking in all those proteins. A little of it with everything you can eat. A little with your cereal, granola or your yogurt.
- Eggs are easy to cook. Mediterranean diet breakfast ingredients. You can make them in your favorite way – to make your day better. Many people think that since the yolk contains fat it is something, they should avoid but it’s a wrong concept. You should have the yolk because the fat keeps your cravings at bay and it allows you to intake good fat.
- Avocados, good fat to keep you full for a longer time. It also has a lumpsum amount of fiber. Make guacamole or just plain avocado with whole grain bread.
- Craving for something sweet? Wondering how to fit it in your diet? Don’t worry we’ve got a solution. Chop up a few dates. Put in a little rice cereal with that, a little bit of honey or maple syrup and just a touch of butter. Roll these into balls and roll those balls in shredded coconut. And pop them right in.
- Hummus plus a whole grain bread or bagel will be filling enough to keep you satisfied till lunch.
Why Follow a Mediterranean Diet?
Medical advisors have all said yes to the Mediterranean diet and there must be a reason for that. This diet is known to be beneficial in many cases:
- This diet is beneficial in the case of bringing down the risk of cardiovascular disease. Studies have proved that this diet has brought down the chances of a heart attack or stroke by 30 percent.
- The diet has helped in enhancing sleep quality.
- The diet has helped in weight loss. Which is usually the most important requirement of any diet.
- You don’t need to calculate your daily calories.
- You’ll sleep better.
- Your stress management will be much better because you’ll have a better mood and the overall attitude to solve problems.
Sum It Up
Eat healthily and stay healthy but don’t compromise on taste. This is just to start you off on the journey to a healthy life. Just start now! What are you waiting for …